Teresa Polk focuses her practice in the areas of construction, surety and real property law. With 30 years of experience, she has handled litigation of cases ranging from small claims to multimillion dollar complex litigation. Her experience includes cases in urban and rural courts throughout the State of California, in United States District Courts, Bankruptcy Courts and state courts throughout the state. She has also represented California clients pro hac vice in the States of Washington and Minnesota, and the Eastern District of New York. She has handled out-of-state discovery matters in New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Texas, Kentucky, Missouri and South Carolina. Her practice also includes substantial experience in the courts of appeal. She is a member of the American Bar Association's Torts & Insurance Practice Section and the St. Thomas More Society.
- Hastings College of the Law, University of California, J.D., 1983
- University of California Berkeley, B.A. 1976
- New York
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Courts in Northern, Southern, Eastern and Central Districts of Cailfornia
- 9th Circuit Court of Appeal
- Recent favorable decision following successful trial: Cardenas v. Whittemore (S.D. Cal. 2013) 2013 WL 941634.
- Recent successful appeal affirming fee award to client after successful real property trial: Vineyard Bank v. DFI Funding, Inc. (2012) 2012 WL 1889266.