Larry Liu focuses his practice on business, construction, and insurance law, covering a range of matters including contract disputes, construction claims, and insurance coverage and risk management issues. He has handled a diversity of matters from acting as a third-party administrator for an excess carrier to a national home-builder, to litigating multi-million dollar construction and insurance disputes, to handling all California litigation as in-house counsel for a national engineering company.
Mr. Liu has spoken at The Seminar Group’s conference on “Green and High Performance Building”, at the Defense Research Institute’s Construction Law Seminar on the “Oncoming Wave of Green Litigation”, and at the Property Loss Research Bureau’s Claims Conference on “Building Codes: How They Might Affect Your Next Property Loss.” He has likewise been a frequent speaker for the National Business Institute on the topics of Insurance Coverage Law in California, Bad Faith Litigation in California, and Emerging Issues in California Indoor Air Quality and Toxic Mold Litigation. He was a Co-Chair of the Bad Faith Subcommittee of the American Bar Association’s Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee.
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1994
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A., 1991
- State Bar of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, District of Hawaii